Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

VividTrac


I attended the EMS Today meeting in Washington DC last week. After a rough time getting out there, the conference and expo went pretty well. There was the usual exhibitors and I had already made up my mind about video intubating devices.
But then I was steered towards the Vividtrac 100 by Vivid Medical.

The device is simple, disposable and inexpensive. The thing that really caught my attention is that it does not use a 2 or three inch screen for visualizing the airway. This ingenious device plugs into an existing screen via a USB device. That means you can use the toughbook you need to drag in anyway.

I went home and immediately set it up on a network computer. Our business firewall gave me no problems, and I do not have administrator access.  I took me all of 60 seconds to get the program off their site and onto the computer. After that, I plugged in the device and was ready to go. Just like they told me, their software makes the video screen the priority window and it goes away when you unplug the device.
This is important to me because there will not be any "minimizing" of programs as you try to switch from patient record to video device.

I made a short video, unfortunately this mannequin is sub-optimal.

I think the are on to something with this device. It is low cost, durable and minimizes the need for more equipment.

Kudos to Mina and Shane at Vivid Medical.

No comments: